At the last Hampshire Project networking meeting for charities http://www.hampshireproject.co.uk/ I learnt of a useful free resource for charities – student interns.
The University of Southampton runs a number of schemes which specialise in providing support to organisations, including third sector organisations, seeking to recruit students for internships throughout the year: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/business/student-placements.page
How could it benefit you?
- You can gain an innovative, outside perspective on a business challenge without high consultancy fees
- You can benefit from students’ enthusiasm, creativity and up-to-date skills and receive insightful recommendations
How does it work?
- You identify an assignment that will benefit your organisation. This might be a challenge that you’d like to tackle, or a development project that you would otherwise not be able to resource.
- The University of Southampton supports you by advertising and helping you to recruit a suitable student or graduate, or by matching you with a student team (depending on the scheme).
- You receive valuable input, insight and recommendations from the student/ graduate/ consultancy team.
If you are interested in finding out more about this potentially valuable input to your charity/social enterprise then contact a member of the Internship Team at the University of Southampton:
Telephone: 02380 593501