Sonia Wilson – Experienced HR Professional
I am passionate about using my expertise to help your organisation make an even greater positive impact in the community.
I was supported by the Lloyds Bank Social Entrepreneurs Programme (2013-14) to develop my social enterprise to offer affordable HR support to small charities and social enterprises. I provide friendly, honest, efficient and professional support.
As a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, I am an experienced HR professional with over 25 years of human resources management experience including:
- Operational experience – supporting managers with people issues
- Policy development – developing and implementing policies and procedures relating to people issues
- Job evaluation specialist – designing, developing and evaluating job roles
- Pay and benefits expertise – helping to attract, recruit and retain the best people in organisations
- Employee relations – working with trade unions and staff representatives
- Project management – leading teams to deliver project goals in the area of pay and benefits
I have worked in the charity, research, higher education and local government sectors. I have an MA and DPhil. from the University of Oxford, M.Sc. in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations and a Diploma in Performance Coaching.
Working with Peer-Jada Qureshi
Peer-Jada Qureshi is an associate who I work with to provide a more joined-up service when clients require both HR support and legal advice. For example, understanding how to incorporate tied accommodation with a new contract of employment, or how to use a settlement agreement to effectively resolve longstanding performance issues with an employee
Affordable pricing for social enterprises and small charities
As a social enterprise, I offer my support at £60 per hour which is a significantly lower fee than other providers of HR support to charities. I will discuss with you ahead of starting any work for you how much time it will take and what the cost will be so that we can agree up front what you will pay.